Saturday, April 3, 2010

90 Days

How time really flies...

A couple of months ago, I was still contemplating whether to accept or decline the offer for me move back here in Manila. I just slept, stumbled, broke a hip and then it's been 90 days.

OMFG! I cannot believe that I have been here in Manila that long already. And that I have not been back to the islands since I left late last year. Sad.

It's just that I have been too busy with so many things. First of course is work. New responsibilities takes time to get used to, plus the fact that I need to work with new people. New boss, new direct reports, new everything. I have to establish new routines and create new relationships. And then I went to the US late January for a week that took a lot of time off me. And then, just when you thought that you have been making leaps on your plans to take a vacation, you suddenly realize that you actually does not have the time for it.

I know that this is temporary and that I will be able to create my own life here. I know that the sadness that I am feeling right now is just because again, it's a weekend.

But I just miss my island life. I miss my friends there. I miss my boyfriend. I miss the people that I used to work with.

I miss my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment