Thursday, April 8, 2010

McVied

Oh My Freaking Gawd!

That's exactly how I reacted when I read this post from one of my all-time favorite "on-line celebrity"-cum master-blogger, Mcvie.

Like seriously, I am like a giddy five year old during Christmas Day. I am telling you, and by no means, I'm exaggerating, I was literally shaking when I saw thew first line of his entry that day. Maybe it's the geek in me, the fact that I was linked and mentioned to a website and a blog other than my Facebook account. And seriously, followers? Seriously?

This is not a weak attempt at false modesty but I just find it amazing how people can be so... uhm, supportive... and nice perhaps. I mean, here I am asking my humble blog to be linked to McVie's and he triplicated the response by posting something about, well, I'd suppose my blog.

But more than that, I think it's more of what he shared about blogging. For years I have been trying to maintain a blog, an on-line diary of sorts, but I just cannot find the time to keep it. Maybe it's the lack of time, or inspiration, but then it dawned on me that really, the culprit was that, I don't exactly know the reason why I want to blog.

And yes, he is right. Blogging is really like opening yourself to the world. It's sharing *some* of your most inner most thoughts, your bloopers and funny stories, heartbreaks and shitty stuff like that.

Maybe now is the right time for me to do this. Maybe I do have a reason to write now. Experiencing Manila all over again is both exhausting and exhilarating. More so because I have left someone in the islands.

McVie said that for me to be able to write, I need to live life. I guess I'm doing it now. Don't worry McVie, I've been out, believe me. And there are really some juicy tales that is just waiting to explode in my small niche in cyberspace. So keep reading.

7 comments:

  1. Yes indeed, your time on the island is a minefield that you can tap into for your blog posts. But that's also in the past, and trust me, the past will run out. So start making new memories too. =)

    Again, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, it was Stephen King who said go and live life. I'm just passing on his message. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much @ Carrie. BTW, I love your writing!
    @ McVie... Ooppppsss... was too excited, Stephen King, Mc Vie, what's the difference? Ayt? And yes, I am making new memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ay, occupant, di mo pa nababasa ang mga bathhouse stories ko. Hehe. Ngayon ako sinumpong ng pagka-academia ala Ms Minchin sa pagsusulat. Minsan lang yun. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have something in common, The Occupant -- we both have Mcvie as our all-time favorite "on-line celebrity"-cum master-blogger. Walang halong biro. I always tell him that, even before I started blogging, siya ang binabasa ko (at idol ko) na gay blogger. Since getting to know him in person more than 3 years ago, though, he's become more of a friend. I hope he becomes yours too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Carrie - I will be reading that tonight, I think that needs a little more intimate setting... if you know what I mean... Hehe.
    @ Migs - WOW! First McVie and then now Migs, OMFG! You know guys, I have been reading your blogs for years and seeing your names comment here is just too much, I'm gonna cry. Wahahah! Just kidding, but really, I'd also wanna be friends with you guys. That would be beyond cool!

    ReplyDelete