Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Blues

One of the downside of living alone is that when the blues get you, it gets you bad.

Just like today.

I used to have Saturday night life. Not the wild ones where you end up smashing your car and crawling all the way home, but I'd say that I'd have some pretty wacky nights. You see, before I went back to the big city, I used to be stationed in a quieter yet equally dynamic island. I am not gonna totally reveal where that is, but one thing is for sure, we did not lack night life.

Oh yeah. Every Saturday, and even Sundays, I will end the day (or more like the following day) either smashed or totally wasted. We would start the day with a quiet dinner either at home or some restaurant that we have not tried before. And then that would be followed by movies and then we'll meet up with friends and just party the night away.

And when I say we, I am referring to my boyfriend. My partner for two years. I left him in the island. This huge career opportunity came by and I just cannot pass it up. I know that it entails us being separate by miles and miles of sea, but that's the choice we need to make. I need to move back to the big city. I'd want to talk about how the two years we've been together has been a helluva a ride, but that would take a lot of webspace, so I'll probably tell it by bits and pieces. Maybe I'll make this a serial blog. Someday, I'll be able to write all that we have been through and still going through together.

But today, let me just sulk in the blues. I miss him so bad it hurts. I know that melancholia is a good things at times but not suggested when you are alone.

Anyway, I hope his plans will push through. I cannot wait for April to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment